Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

I’m unwell and in considerable pain.

He’s dismissive and I could be dying and he wouldn’t know it he has shown minimal interest

He’s had to take over with kids and dish up dinner I cooked again bare minimum

He’s got tired shouted at kids getting them to bed and then got angry at me asking for one small things.

He has lifted or moved an expensive gift I had, admittedly which was in the way of him getting into bed but it was moved with force.

Then I’m ignored and can’t recall clearly anything else as couldn’t believe his behaviour

Does he control how far his rage goes. The anger is there for sure.

Chocolatebunnie
      Participant

Sitting here feeling ill thinking

I’m guessing if he isn’t overly aggressive it’s easier to gaslight the situation by saying I’m overreacting or it wants bad as I think it looked.

He can deny it.

Gotthatrite
      Participant

Hello @chocolatebunnie poor you feeling not well and tired husband showing, by the sounds of it, very little concern or sympathy. To me, I feel he is being selfish that he has to take some of the tasks by sorting out the kids and making dinner, surely these are natural family tasks, which should, at least be shared anyhow. I find with my husband when he is “tired” or not in good form he would shout and give off about the simplest tasks, whereas, I/you get tired but wouldn’t take it out on others. I hope your feeling better soon and you get some help at home, where needed. Take care

Chocolatebunnie
        Participant

yes like your husband he does react terribly when he is tired, we all can but there are differences. I get a bit grumpy or upset if im exhausted. He was literally cross i asked for a drink before he got in bed and then chucked my gift, which is a large heavy item into the corner of the room. Its horrible, the tension.

He does little when he gets home from work and I normally cope but last night I had no choice went to bed I was in so much pain honestly felt i needed an ambulance for a while, it was scary. Not once did he enquire what it was until bedtime and then he dumbed it down as he always does and said he wasnt feeling well again always does this and often ends up lying about feeling sorry for himself while i carry on.

I felt so bad i thought he could wake up tomorrow and I could be dead and he would be clueless. Thats a horrible realisation.

Im a little better today and just taking it easy, dont normally do that but I have decided to put myself first everyone else can muddle through until Im in less pain and more upbeat.

Bananaboat
      Participant

You know the answer deep down. Yes.

They hate being relied on unless it’s on their terms. They hate the attention is on you not them even if it’s something bad like being ill (hope you feel better soon!). I’d put money on there being a bit of anger due to the date too, unless you’re in the lovebombing part then today will be ruined for most victims. Look after yourself – it’s ok to be angry/upset at him x

Chocolatebunnie
        Participant

Youre right BB and thanks Im putting me first until Im pain free

It was a inconveniene for him and yes the attention thing, apparently he was feeling unwell too. Same thing every time Im not well.

Hes being back to Mr Nice today, it always seems that he will be horrible just before a special day and then Im left feeling rubbish and hes nice on that special day, leaves me feeling obligated to be nice back, ultimately spoiling the day as its faulse and im angry or upset.

CB X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content