Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshinedrops
      Participant

Evening everyone just came on to express my aha moment of yes My partner has been so manipulative in so many ways,
      I literally seen his behaviour very recently stare me right in the face! No more thinking what if, or minimising my emotions! I seen it in full vivid colour. And what really helped was I rang my local WA and spoke with support worker, she was so warm and understanding on the phone and encourage me to ring back with anything I’m concerned about! I was made to feel validated and she knew exactly what coercion control is!
      I then went to my therapy session and I honestly pinned point how I get triggered due to a past experience and it’s making me fearful to leave. I’m now in similar one but not that one years ago! Even though it with same person! Aha the therapist asked do you think he will change? …. Has he changed from then to now and it was big resounding no! Even though I thought he had, but if I really look probably not, I was keeping the peace! I would and have tried million things to make him a better, partner, daddy ect! The truth is I cannot control another person behaviour I’m people pleaser or big warm hearted person I tend to want to fix aha!!!!
      little more hopeful in beginning to start thinking about planning a life without him. I must remember this feeling when I wake up and carry it with me! Maybe I’ll wavier but there has to be more to life than him!
      Thanks for reading this far! Just lovely to write a post that’s not all doom and gloom

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Sunshinedrops,

Thank you for sharing this – it sounds like such a significant step in your journey and I’m glad you have a space to process things and to make these realisations.

That sense of hope you’ve described sounds really positive!

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

searchingforhope
      Participant

Hold onto that sentiment to give you strength x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content