Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

My ex is late (detail removed by Moderator). He has been a heavy drinker all his life. His behaviour via solicitor is becoming so bizarre in what he writes it’s got me thinking maybe he’s suffering from something like this. A lady on here said her ex badly beat her and before it got to trial he died. The post mortem showed signs of this and I wonder if this would explain the more outrageous behaviour.

Serenity
      Participant

I’m sure heavy drinking does all kinds of damage to the brain cells as well as the body.

But my ex isn’t a heavy drinker- though I have my suspicions that he’s dabbling in other substances- and his communications to my solicitor were contradictory and did not address the question ; he went off on a tangent.

I think when they are caught out, they try to confuse and stall by talking gobbledegook and diverting. Is this possible?

KIP.
      Participant

Yes, it could be, but it’s so outrageous and not at all in his favour. I wonder he’s been allowed to write it. If it’s distraction he wanted then he got it lol.

KIP.
      Participant

“The onset of alcohol dementia can occur as early as age thirty,[7] although it is far more common that the dementia will reveal itself anywhere from age fifty to age seventy.[7] The onset and the severity of this type of dementia is directly correlated to the amount of alcohol that a person consumes over his or her lifetime”
      although he abused me for years and I’m not making excuses for him, there’s something very strange going on. He rants away in writings. It says it takes a minimum of 35 drinks per week. He easily made this.
      I also feel sorry for my grown up son who’s having to deal with him on his own 🙁

lover of no contact
      Participant

Gosh I hope my ex gets this. He has been a heavy drinker too all our time together and still is drinking heavily but appears to function. Our abusers think they are invincible. They are not. They cannot escape the body or nature’s consequences to their actions.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content