Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Alittlelost
      Participant

Im getting seriously fed up being with him. He is getting more and more controling as every day goes by and more grumpy. Its down to even tiny stupid things now too. I unpacked the food shopping, i put it all in the fridge how he likes it then he comes along and has move it all just so he can make out it was wrong and give him control. Its so petty and pathetic. Im so fed up of this. Im trapped right now. My head is thinking all sorts of crazy things to justvescape and be free of this.

Dragon
      Participant

Sorry to hear you ar going through this. I totally relate to things like this. Petty things that all add up and seem so important to them you are walking on egg shells all the time! What are you thinking of escape wise? Do you have kids? Xx

KIP.
      Participant

You will probably find he’s always been controlling but with your new found knowledge you’re recognising it. It makes it easier to walk away when you know he’s doing it deliberately x

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Oh i remember that one. Mine would vacuum when he knew i had done it. He would point to a crumb one of the kids had just dropped and tell me it needed doing again. Made me so unhappy. Now I’m on the other side I realise how constantly stressed I was but tonight, (detail removed by moderator) on, i find I’m cooking a meal he would have approved of but neither the kids or I really want! I stayed too long and its taking a long time to recover. Find a way out so you can relax if possible xx

Alittlelost
      Participant

He does that too. Any tiny crumb he can find and be grumpy over. Its so petty, but it leaves me very unrelaxed and npt feeling good at all.

siba
      Participant

Sounds like he has OCD as well as being emotionally abusive. My ex was the same. I can’t tell you how much better I felt when we separated and I could relax in my own home again without having to immediately wash the dishes, etc. You should feel comfortable in your own home.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content