Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stuck in The mud
      Participant

Been reflecting as you do and accepting the long term effects of the abuse . I couldn’t have friends because of him , I didn’t want anyone to know what I was dealing with so I isolated myself . My children couldn’t have friends over because I didn’t want them to find out either ! No big birthday parties because of his behaviour and intent on ruining everything that wasn’t about him !! My children played outside the house with neighbourhood children or just at home with each other . Reflecting now I can see how it hindered us all in forming friendships then & still now all grown up and left hone !We all rather sit alone at home which is sad ….What a selfish , vile & controlling trait to have as a human to impact peoples mental health like that ! Fortunately for us dispute his attempt of downtrending we are all positive , polite, genuine , cheerful and likeable people .He will always be evil !!!!

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hi Stuck in The mud

Thats great to hear that despite everything you have all overcome. How inspiring! Good for you, and all thanks to you too in the most difficult of circumstances.

Warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content