Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Littletoots
      Participant

I am alone have been sinse xmas morning. My husband got abusive because i moaned about kitchen floor on xmas morning, he got usual red mist raged insulted and abused me, he left i cried but washed got my face on as we were going to our sons for dinner, I sat waiting as he usually came back after he calmed down I got a txt from my son saying he was devastated we were not going , i cried said i am shattered i was ready waiting my abusive husband drove to my sons told him i raged at him he was broken cant take anymore, I am in a fog still 7 dsys later. He lied painted me what he is and i spent xmas alone still am alone he came back to talk and thst ended with me finding out he played victim and he did not care about me or my son who is still upset. I have sent my son messages but he is tired of this and now i will leave him let him think, but what hurts is I am abused left isolated live rurally dont drive and my abusive husband constantly leaves me here trapped with no one but my dogs for company knowing unless i involve someone which i never have. But my son has not come near knowing i am stuck alone. My food is running low now and i will be alone tomorrow and next day till god knows when. Over (detail removed by moderator) yesrs of this now i am ashamed humiliated constantly, I have told him not to come back this time i am wanting a divorce but the shame and stupidity of living like this is destroying me.

cassandra05
      Participant

Littletoots, I am also alone this New year, my heart goes out to you, I also live rurally. My isolation and lack of food on the other hand usually comes from not being able to leave my room/house for sometimes up to a few weeks.

Please try not to allow the shame, stupidity and so on destroy you you completely, I let it go on to (detail removed by moderator) years and am going to need extensive mental health, some nights I think I should go to the hospital and book myself into the ward. So you can see what is happening as I did all those years back, get help, pick up the phone and call Women’s Aid they help so much just even a chat.

Empower yourself, could you get a taxi to the shops, a long walk tomorrow with the dogs to a shop. You are so lucky to have dogs, my recent ex would not let me, as a friend said they would have probably attacked him when he was abusing me 🙂 Do something he would not expect you to do and that is not need him. I do not know your financial or physical abilities to be able to do what is suggested, but even if you cry all the way there and back believe me it may make you feel a little better about yourself.

Maybe contact your son and say you have no interest about talking about he relationship with him but could he help you get some food in.

You are not alone there are many of us isolated and alone at this time of year and we are here to speak to, hold out a hand and give you a cuddle. Please look after yourself.

Littletoots
      Participant

Thank you cassandra05.
      I havent caved in standing my ground still alone but ok . My son just angry but knows its easier to take it out on me than his dad, usual story! I dint know what will happen but early night new year tomorrow new beginning I hope. Happy New year to you cassandra05 i hope its a happy one for you.

cassandra05
      Participant

I am so glad to hear you are O.K., I have been checking back with your post on and off all day. Saw your post in my thread; you have got enough food I hope. Cwtsh (Welsh for cuddle pronounced cutch) up with the dogs, so jealous you are so lucky to have them, and do something you love, just for you. I am probably going to weigh a ton, I only have pot noddles and a ridiculous amount of chocolate to eat, oh well 🙂

Happy New Year Littleroots, I do so hope that it is a better one for you too. Know that someone is thinking of you kindly tonight. X

Littletoots
      Participant

Thank you for your kind words its appreciated . Pups all tucked up and sleeping i got a delivery so ok food wise. I hope you have better year too and maybe treat yourself to a puppy they help you stop thinking negatively. Goodnight bless you. 😘

cassandra05
      Participant

As I walked out the house when he said it was over I stated singing “I’m getting a dog, I’m getting a dog” Then it suddenly sunk in just how manipulative he had been in that conversation and how it was far from over.

But I still keep singing “I’m getting a dog, I’m getting a dog”. Now I have to decide a Corgi, Sheltie, Staffie or a Toy Beagle. Probably end up been something totally different since I will get it from a shelter.

Goodnight to you and keep ya chin up, it hard but this is a great place. X

Cecile
      Participant

Get a poodle! Intelligent, not clingy but affectionate and very amusing, funny and can help give you guidance in managing your very sad emotions. Get a dog that can meet your needs rather than vice versa.💕

HunkyDory
      Participant

Ohh a pet brings so much comfort and pleasure! My old girl has been with me through the trauma and she is a blessing and I’ve only had her a couple of years. My best buddy my confidante and chief snugglebum. If you have the capacity for a pet, do it! Xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Get the locks changed! Call 101 and ask for advice, see if you can get him out with an occupation order? See if you could make a complaint about the abuse and whether anything could be done? I think from what I’ve read on here they wont grant an occupation order if this makes him homeless, but if he’s been gone for 7 days then he’s clearly got somewhere to go hasn’t he. Call WA and talk things through with them to see what can be done. This might a good window of opportunity to get rid him LT x

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content