Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mom of two
      Participant

Unfortunately I was emotionally abused as a kid and now in my marriage. I don’t have memories of anything different!

everyday is a struggle and sometimes I wish god would (detail removed by moderator) already-
      in our religion you can’t (detail removed by moderator). now I’m sure your wondering why that matters. after all when you die your dead? here’s why: we believe in a god who is loving and wants the best for us and gave us a manuscript to follow that will gain us heavenly reward in the next world. If you (detail removed by moderator) you lost that “ticket”.
      I believe too, it is just that my husband is abusing religion to force me to be his maid and this really is about his behavior not my religion. Therefore I want to learn how to love my god and no longer fear him. I want to find that loving place. I was never loved in a stable way yet and I’m working to do so. I want to remind all that I will improve my marriage and please don’t encourage me to leave.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Momoftwo,

I’m really sorry to hear what you’re going through and that you’re feeling so low.

It’s not okay for your husband to use religion in order to control, manipulate or abuse you, I imagine it’s a traumatic experience – it sounds like you’re going through so much.

I hope you are feeling a little better this evening.

Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.
      Lisa

weather
      Participant

Dear Mom of two,

I am sincerely sorry that you are experiencing religious coercive control. You’re loved and it should not consist of you feeling subservient to someone else. I really hope you are able to source an element of comfort soon and if you are not safe then please see if you can find some support, and I realise how hard it is.

All my best wishes to you,

Weather

Mom of two
      Participant

Thank you! I’m actually having the hardest week! Its a (detail removed by Moderator) and we’re spending the week together and yet my husband can spend 5 minutes in my presence so he’s out a lot or going with me to family so we are together alone and when we even on a day trip to the (detail removed by Moderator) he ran ahead and wouldn’t walk together with me- we have a son so he was able to do so in a way that didn’t look strange only I knew. plus a (detail removed by Moderator) hour trip home in which we didn’t talk much except he bashed me for a few minutes at the beginning of the ride.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content