Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Bubblegum
      Participant

I have worked with an older female colleague for many years .We have always got on I did see a different side to her about year ago .My hours increased in work as I did not tell her personally she became very snappy nasty rude towards me .Eventually it blew over she seemed ok again .In recent months a close relative passed away suddenly.She was very good with me as things are still very raw with me .Person I work with another friend of hers passed away suddenly So obviously she’s upset plus apparently she’s going through change .Recently she’s become very snappy rude awkward with me again .Try to make conversation with her as I’ve got to as I’m in charge of her .She half bothers with me then can do the silent treatment .If something goes wrong in work place because I’m more senior to her she seems to take it out on me .Got point recently I had to walk away from her .She knows I’m going through hard time don’t expect special treatment but she still goes out her way to be awkward with me .My tolerance level with all I’ve been through with my Ex and dealing with grief I find her behaviour very hard to deal with .Am I being to sensitive ? Just don’t feel comfortable around her anymore x

Bubblegum
      Participant

How to do handle someone you have to work with who acts like that ? Rise above it which is hard but she even holds grudges silliest things x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Bubblegum, I sooo love your name. It sounds so happy, I almost chose the name Bubblehead which I love too. I love Bubble anything really ☺️

It is never ok to be treated with disrespect, never ever. Not privately, nor in the work place.

I would arm myself with HR knowledge from this point forward as she is clearly crossing the line into disrespectful recurring behaviour.
      When you know in the back of your mind that respect is the diametric opposite of abuse, you’ll have to make sure she shows you respect.
      I would read up the HR guidelines, normally professional behaviour guidelines should be highlighted under your HR intranet. And go check directly with your HR department on how to proceed.
      Then I think you’ll probably have to have a formal chat with her. If we’ve learned anything from abusers, you can expect her denying and blaming her behaviour on this or that…whatever it is, the fact remains that you are documenting your meeting with her, an action which should put her right back into her place, as the next potential step could lead to a first official warning with the assistance of HR staff…

Good luck 👍

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content