Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      StationEleven
      Participant

After years of emotional abuse i finally started looking for help. Not everyone was helpful and understanding and there were times i felt very down and hesitant about what i am doing. Luckily I got through to the right people who guided and helped me. I have signed and sent a non-molestation form today. And i thought i would feel a relief but instead i feel guilt. I try to push the good memories away and not let myself forget all the horrible things he did to me, I can’t keep betraying myself.

KIP.
      Participant

Yes you are absolutely doing the right thing. You deserve to have peace in your life and you need distance to start healing. I bet he’s had chance after chance and he just won’t be reasonable. Time to look after yourself because he won’t x

sweet4
      Participant

Hi StationEleven
      Im in the same situation as you.
      Can i ask how you managed to get non-molestation form today.?
      I am trying to get one.
      I am not entitled to Legal Aid, and cant afford a lawyer.
      Thank you.

KIP.
      Participant

Contact your local women’s aid who can help you with this. Ring the national domestic abuse helpline too. It’s available 24/7. Citizens advice can help too. You can quality for legal aid if you’re a victim of domestic abuse. Talk to the helpline about this too.

If you live in England or Wales, you can use CourtNav to provide information that will be used to complete an application for a Non-Molestation and/or Occupation Order.
      This digital tool has been developed to help you in putting together an application for an injunction (a protective court order). Using CourtNav you can apply for either a Non-Molestation order, an Occupation Order or both.

StationEleven
        Participant

Hi Sweet4, I feel you! it took me the whole month to figure out what to do. Same situation as yours, no eligible for legal aid but dont have enough saved for a solicitor. I contacted National Domestic Abuse Helpline. They sent me a consent form same day and I had 2 solicitors contacting me after about 2 days. They work pro-bono and help you with the form and the witness statement. They were extremely helpful and understanding. Very different to any family law firms I called before, who would not even talk to you before tell you how much it will cost.
        Actually it was KIP,who directed me! Thank you KIP !

KIP.
        Participant

💕👏👍

sweet4
      Participant

So sorry i have just found this, thank you.
      Yes Kip has been sooo helpful, and has guided me through all this awfulness.
      I have had to pay a solicitor for advice, i will be receiving a call tomorrow.
      Kip maybe you should be a Moderator :).

StationEleven
        Participant

Good Luck Sweet4 ! Its a start, be ready to feel confused and scared, it’s ok. The most important thing is that you started to do something about your situation. Well done! xx

sweet4
      Participant

Thank you.
      We are all here for one another.
      xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content