Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Participant

I have left him now. Not gone on the holiday I booked with him. I don’t know if he has gone. I feel like nothing. I hope I have made the right choice just so scared of my future now and being without him is this normal?

KIP.
      Participant

You absolutely did the right thing. You need time and zero contact to heal. For the fog to clear. Some good counselling will help too. Leaving an abuser is like drug addiction. The early days are terrible with cravings but try to keep yourself busy with things you enjoy that distract you. I was trauma bonded like you. Now I see how badly abused I was. By a nasty self serving liar and cheat. Pure evil.

Yes this is completely normal. Well done you for leaving.
      Patience and time. And as KIP says zero contact.
      x

Anonymous
      Participant

I have blocked him. He has sent me voicemails calling me a b***h and accusing me of cheating also making out like I am taking the p**s. But I’m not he has hurt me over and over again.

Sad sunflower
      Participant

Dear Anonymous,

Trust yourself, you really are doing the right thing.the first few days (maybe even weeks) are hard. Just be strong and stick to no contact. Don’t hear his voicemails, if possible just change your number. Trust me, no contact is the most important rule in this process. Every time my ex dumped me I broke this rule and got dragged into the misery of being with an abuser. Don’t let that happen to you. Be strong dear. Hugs

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content