Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      weecookie1
      Participant

Hello,
      I know this may not be close in severity to other scenarios and I am, greatly thankful for that. However, I am currently in a relationship and have been for a few years. Whilst in the ‘honeymoon’ phase we naturally spent a lot of time together but unfortunately this meant isolation from friends and family, as this became more prevalent I made much more of an effort to see my own. Whilst I am happy I see my friends and continue to do so, I tend to feel it is a burden on my relationship as he ignores me the duration I am out/ sometimes the day after or days running up to. In recent times he gets angry and tells me he wants nothing to do with me, doesn’t like me etc. I do my best to understand it from his perspective but I do believe if a friend told me someone treated them like this I’d tell them to run a mile!

As I said I know this isn’t too serious, but I’m worried it’s the start of something else.

Is it just normal in a relationship to spend all of your time together? Is he right to be annoyed with me? For reference, this is activities such as mini golf, bowling, cinema and the occasional night out.

Thanks girls

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi, you going out should be supported by your partner, he is giving you the silent treatment to punish you…which is unfair and a tactic to control you and who you see.

Please don’t wait for more or.escalation…if you are unhappy and something doesn’t feel right then something is wrong. Your feelings are valid, don’t let him override…

Keep a journal if you.can to document your feelings and any abusive behaviour..as it tends to be in patterns. Once you see the abuse you canot unsee it… if you ever feel like you have to walk on eggshells or that you need to alter your personality or behaviour to keep the peace…then run for the hills!

Keep posting
      You are not alone
      HFH ❤️

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi weecookie1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum a safe and supportive place to be with others who understand.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here.

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content