Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Raspberry123
      Participant

Feeling really frustrated and upset. I can’t do anything right. I can’t even wash my hair without there being an issue with that. I only wash my hair once a week because of the aftermath of if I do. Accusing me of wanting to look my best and changing up on him. I washed my hair (detail removed by Moderator) for the first time in over a week and of course there’s been an issue with that. I felt pretty for the first time in a long time and asked my boyfriend if he liked my hair and immediately as if it were scripted he became angry with me because I have (detail removed by Moderator). And saying that I do it intentionally to get at him. I feel like I’m going crazy. I don’t even know if how I feel is right? Am I overreacting?

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi Raspberry

I also read your first post… No your are not overreacting…your partner not wanting you to wash your hair is control (even prisoners get to shower and wash each day), the reason why is irrelevant as he has no right to dictate when you do anything, no one has that right as it is your body… him claiming that you must be cheating to wash your hair is him wanting ultimate control over you and what you can/can’t do…
      Pushing, shoving is DA, he doesn’t need to hit you directly as you are already afraid of him.
      When he is not being nasty or abusive towards you it can feel like a ‘nice’ phase which makes you question whether it is all in your head and also keeps women within their abusive relationships as the times without abuse make us feel better..

Have you reached out on Women’s Aid Chat on here? They are helpful and will understand what you are going through.
      You will feel like you are going crazy as your partner is treating you badly and will blame anyone/anything else rather than admit to what he is doing and he does know what he is choosing to do.

Could you speak to a GP or have you a family member you feel you could seek support from?

You deserve to live your life without fear or walking on eggshells.

Keep posting ❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content