Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

His new friend offered to sort out the person that had him arrested. That was me. He thinks it’s funny and says he’s not told him it was me or why he was arrested. So why tell me then? Now my mind will be working overtime. No coming back from what this person said he would do I don’t even find it remotely funny. I tried to forget about it cos I only heard bits and pieces but when he filled in the gaps I wished he hadn’t. I hate anxiety it makes everything seem worse than it is? Anyone elses says things that sets the mind working overtime ?

Dragonfly
      Participant

Hi Imagine. If anyone’s threatening you or you feel even remotely threatened you should call the police. It will be on record and they will help you. It’s not funny at all and of course he’s not going to say why he was arrested, it’s a tricky one to explain away after all. Manipulation and control is all they have at the end of the day. You can put a stop to that.

I’ve been on ‘high alert’ for the last month, an odd feeling, panic attacks etc. Attempted to go shopping today, got to the end of my street and turned back and went home. So, yes anxiety isn’t good and everything seems heightened and some things will make you more anxious but you will get through it, it will happen I’m sure. Breathe! 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

Any contact with these abusers is toxic. They are liars. Please work on no contact. Also if you are in contact with him, the police and other agencies will not understand. They just see that by contacting him, he can’t be as bad as you make out. No contact with any of his friends, social media etc. It’s the only way forward X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Dragonfly when I report things it always goes wrong it always turns out he’s one step ahead or he’s said something to wind me up. I don’t want to make a fuss but when I just told my friend she was horrified. She said I need to move. He only told me so he hasn’t done anything wrong it’s just my mind goes into overdrive. I totally understand what you are saying with panic attacks etc I am the same. It also makes you question whether you are over reacting.

Hi kip, he is here still anyway. After he got off he came back. I agree they probably do think that so I am more reluctant than to get into trying to do it again. It was so hard first time I ended up the bad guy and he’s worse than ever. Xx

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

They know how to plant little acorns of thoughts.
      They also know how to ramp things up to get the desired reaction.
      It may be all bluster but he told you to very deliberately knock your confidence in the original reporting of the incident and keep control over you to try an prevent a repeat call to the police.
      Are you still in a relationship with him?

Anonymous
      Inactive

He still lives here our situation is complex. Very frustrating for other people to deal with i took ten steps forward the moment he piles on the pressure I cave x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content