• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks ago by Lisa.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Butterfly-A
      Participant

I recently noticed that an ex from over (detail removed by moderator) has blocked me on all social media.

We were very young when in a relationship and had that typical messy complicated teen relationship situation.
      (detail removed by moderator) he messaged me saying he was sorry but it was ‘too painful’ for him to see me now in a relationship with my husband (abuser lol).
      I respected his thoughts and have not contacted him since.

(detail removed by moderator) I noticed he was no longer tagged in any of the posts and his name did not show up at all (memories of our time together probably come up a couple of times a month), at this point I realised he had obviously blocked me on that platform as well.

This relationship was a long time ago and I have no bad feelings towards him. We didn’t end on a bad note, life just naturally drifted us apart. But it has made me wonder maybe I really am the problem?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Butterfly-A,

Thank you for your post. I’m sorry to hear about your situation. I can understand this must be playing on your mind-you are not the problem.

as you mentioned he previously mentioned he found it painful and may just find it difficult in general to have ex partners on social media- that isn’t a negative reflection on you or the relationship you had.

Best Wishes

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content