• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      KIP.
      Participant

Breath and be free from him his control and his abuse… I’m going to be me today and for the rest of my life. I know he is nothing without me and I am and I was everything without him. One day at a time and surely I will get there to the old me before I met this evil animal.

I think I had to do a lot of mourning after I left him. I loved him once but for the most part of the time in the relationship I didn’t love him, I stayed with him for other reasons those being mainly to survive.

Anyway the point I am making here is that after getting away, I would explain to other people and their attitude would be for me to “get over him”, not in a nasty manner from them, more like “you can forget about him now”. Their faces expressed being puzzled. I found myself a bit lost about what to say, although I knew exactly what I was feeling and thinking.

What I meant to say was, ” I don’t give a s**t about him I am mourning the damage he has caused me”.

I have spent a lot of time healing and mourning and it was worth it. Now I can explain to people more clearly what these Abusers are doing, and no I am not stressed out from parting from him I was stressed out from the stress he was causing.
      Some people out there, please get your facts right.

We are mourning the loss of ourselves- not the loss of them.
      We mourn the health, optimism, naivety, peace and confidence that they stole from us.
      Those who haven’t been through it could never, ever understand. X*x

When you finally give up on him you will then be free to think about the most important people in your life: you and your children. You are capable of the most immense love, You have so much to give and deserve to receive so much in return.

Serenity
      Participant

So poignant and very true- and such a wonderfully positive post at the same time.

We can become everything without them. We just need to believe it.

They are nothing without somebody good to hide behind x

What a fantastic post I’ve saved it onto my phone so when I’m feeling low I can re-read these amazing words.

It’s just so frustrating trying to explain to family & friends how we feel I love this forum I love that I have an army of woman behind me to hold my hand through the dark times and share in the good. We are strong women we all deserve better.

Thank you KIP you truly are inspiring xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Kip this post is so true to exactly how it is, it is inspirational to read, & I wish I could print it on the front page of every newspaper anon. I so wish others understood the dynamics of exactly how it is too, but guess they never will until it happens to them, which I hope it never does, ever! That is I feel sure why we all struggle so so much, by others ignorance. I’ve heard the lines “Why didn’t you just leave” Why did you put up with it so many years” “Sorry I just do not understand you’ve escaped him, he has moved on, why don’t You” If only the non believers knew, exactly how much this effects us all, wouldn’t it be a lot nicer place in this world, I don’t mean to get sympathy just to hear them say “It’s ok we Understand & will be there for you” x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content