Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lettitgo
      Participant

(detail removed by moderator) months since we separated after years of subtle emotional abuse, yet he still tries to meddle in my life with pointless texts and childish threats for no other reason than to harass me and still try and control me, (there us a (detail removed by moderator) year age gap and I’m not the 16 year old child I was!!!) Also refusee me a divorce just because he can……oh unless I’m willing to make him a good cash offer then hel think about it!!! I’ve reported everything to the police and do not enter into ANY form of communication with my ex, they say I could get an injunction….its crazy but this makes me feel guilty and like I’m doing something wrong? He has nothing to do with our kids anymore no communication yet still needs to dig at me. He un nerves me so much (as he vowed to destroy my life) ….and my heart sinks when a message comes through, does it stop??

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Lettitgo,

Sorry to hear about all this; unfortunately perpetrators will often keep the abuse going for as long as possible. If you need to look into an injunction, you could contact DV Assist 0800 195 8699.

Remember if you need to do this then you’re not doing anything wrong. You wouldn’t have to be looking into an injunction or contacting the police if he wasn’t being abusive. You’re protecting yourself and your children so you have nothing to feel guilty about.

You may also want to contact your local domestic abuse service for some ongoing support (if you haven’t done this already).

Take care and keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on,

Lisa,
      Forum Moderator

KIP.
      Participant

It stops when you take back control and make it stop. I’d change my phone number to begin with and take out an injunction. Speak to a solicitor and let them deal with anything legal or financial. Absolutely zero direct contact. Contact your local women’s aid for support in all this.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content