Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Slipup19
      Participant

After months of back and forth tal king tto wx, being nice, trying to be there for him hes sucked me in, played me for a fool and discarded me now his life is back on track. God I’m an idiot!

Whodat
      Participant

You are not an idiot. I tried to end it and the ex sucked me back in promising to fix things only to discard me with a whole list of everything he feel a is wrong with me and how I have ruined the relationship. Embarrassingly he sucked me in aagain only to do it again. All this over the space of a couple of months. He didn’t want to fix it he wanted to dump me to appease his ego. He swans away as though nothing has happened and I was on my knees with crippling mental health issues feeling absolutely worthless. He did it on purpose. That’s what they do. Good news is over a year later I’m a totally different person. Normal people don’t, or even can’t, treat other humans like this. It probably doesn’t feel like it now but you have certainly dodged a bullet. Now read and research everything about abuse and abusive men. Understanding this isn’t your fault in any way shape or form will really help you increase your self worth. You can start again no matter your age but he is stuck with himself forever. I thought i was heartbroken but it was a trauma bond, knowing that helped me process it as I had previously beat myself up for feeling the way I did,I felt great shame and that took a long time to move on from. But I have now because I recognise I am normal, I was responding to a very traumatic situation with someone who is absolutely not normal!!!

KIP.
      Participant

Block him on everything. Destroy any contact details so you’re not tempted to contact him again. It just proves how shallow he is and how you were proven right in the first place.

Anonymous
      Inactive

He’ll probably be back, I also think you should do your best to ignore him when he does, try to hold onto this feeling. You deserve so much better than this man.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, note exactly how you are feeling in this moment, then block him to the moon and back. Sometimes we have to go back one more time in order to know we’re doing the right thing. Please don’t feel bad, they are VERY good at manipulating us.
      IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content