Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Scaredandlonely
      Participant

So have been gone less than 48 hours and hes txting demanding to take the kids tomorrow. Ive been advised not to allow him as he may not return them and im inclined to agree. Ive also decided not to respond as its his way of keeping hold over me, hopefully once he recieves my solicitors letter he will get the hint. I think he honestly didnt believe i was serious. I think he thought im so under his control id be back within a day. I think he might be slightly shocked that im no longer under his control. I walked (WALKED. BY MYSELF!!!) into town today. It was amazing.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well who would have thought when u posted how u wanted to be free that a couple of days later you would be. Well done u. So very pleased for u. You have done amazing in such a short space of time. Xx

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

Thankyou 😊 its the start of a battle now, but i wont allow him to control me any more. Looks like fate wasnt gona allow me to stay there.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Scaredandlonely,

I am so pleased that you have left your abuser. You have been amazingly brave, he sounded very abusive and controlling and your fear and threat level was really clear so well done you! Please do be careful, I do not know how far you have gone from your husband but if you are still near you could still be at risk, particularly when it starts to sink in that you are not returning. You are utterly right not to hand over the children at this stage. Please get lots of advice and support from the police, if he contacts you and is abusive please be consistent every time and simply report him to the Police. Please also keep getting lots of support from your worker, I am really pleased that she has been really helpful so far.

Best wishes,

Lisa

Dear Scaredandlonely, Phone technology is good nowadays. You can block him from contacting you, why don’t you do that? It takes a lot of anxiety and apprehension away. X*X ( I agree 100% with Lisa, please be careful) Have a look at the thread i’ve just put up about the women who are killed. Your ex is like an unexploded bomb, please be careful. I have been praying for your safety. Once you move further away you will be able to breath properly. x*X

Scaredandlonely
      Participant

I am pretty far away from him, though he txtd to say he was coming to get the kids tomorrow and i rang my WA rep and she advised me to lie low in case he comes to town and drives around looking for me. Once he gets the letter if he continues i can get a non mol, hes not gona let me move on, he will be fuming that his threats stopped working. Hes sly. And unpredictable. But im prepared for it as much as i can be

Yes, sly, unpredictable, DANGEROUS AND VERY ANGRY. Please be careful these men are ticking time bombs once they have been dumped, they are at their worse and will have a strong need to hurt you. Listen to your DV advice worker, please. X*X (it won’t be long before you are home and dry and can start the real work, at the moment it was just getting out safely. I felt so much more in control when I blocked his number in my phone.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content