Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

It was (detail removed by moderator) since my son lost his life yesterday.

The day was as ok as it could be, remembering him and grieving him.

On the evening myself, and my family took my youngest to visit his great grandma. My mam stayed at home.

My ex, who is responsible for our sons death (though police haven’t charged him and dismissed the coroners verdict as ‘opinion), turned up at my parents door.

My mam said he was drunk and banging on the door for at least (detail removed by moderator). She said he said (detail removed by moderator) and that’s when she left via the back door and went to the neighbours house. She’s logged this with the police.

I was so shaken last night, on high-alert and I can’t get what he said out of my head – why my parents house? Did he go to my house too? What would he have done if I was home? Would he have elaborated if my mam had listened? What drove him to my parents house, drunk and seeking forgiveness?

I woke up this morning drenched in my own sweat, so I think I must have had a bad night – thought I can’t remember any nightmares.

Fudgecake
      Participant

I’m sorry you and your mum had this horrible experience on a day when you needed a peaceful time for remembering and grieving your loss of a precious son. Your mum was right to notify the police and I think you should too to express the concerns that you have here. Why did he come over? Guilt I would imagine but there is no excuse for his behaviour. You and your family have experienced every parent’s worst nightmare and yet you grieve and remember with dignity not threats and violence. Contact the police and talk to someone at WA too. I’m sorry for your loss and I hope you can find some comfort in remembering the time you had with your son. He will always be your son and that love is eternal xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content