Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Radiantpickle
      Participant

I’m angry all the time and worried about people I love we are all just trying to live but I don’t feel safe why is the world this way nothing makes sense it’s all horrible

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Dear Radiantpickle,

Thank you for posting, anger is a natural reaction to the terrible things that happen in the world. It’s also an understandable reaction to abuse, and perhaps at the time of enduring the abuse you were not able to express your anger, so it is coming out now.
      There is a useful page about anger and it’s causes, and what you can do to help it, on the MIND website here.

If you haven’t accessed counselling to try to start healing from the trauma you’ve been through, perhaps you could contact your local domestic abuse service to find out what’s available? You can find if there is a local service in your area by clicking on the following link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Anger doesn’t necessarily have to be a negative emotion, it might help you to work out the root causes to your feelings and help you to achieve the changes you would like, especially if you get the right support.

Be kind to yourself,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content