Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      endoftherainbow
      Participant

My ex contacted our child today, first time in months, started off all nice, then when she confronted him it turned nasty. He’s not allowed to contact me and I could tell by the messages he was getting at me through her. Laughing about selling all her things and how he’s got plenty of money and a great life, he emptied our house while we were in as refuge. She sent him a brilliant reply (with my help) and has now blocked him. I’m angry that he’s got to me, I’m angry he’s so happy, he deserves nothing. Really struggling with PTSD tonight, can’t shut my brain down, feel like I could explode with all the emotions. Why do these men get away with so much????

hello endoftherainbow,

I love rainbows, and I always look for the end of them to see where it is as a sign that there is happiness and good fortune. Quite often I see them over my daughter’s school.

I too struggle with PTSD and sleeping. I’m sorry you have experienced this. It has been a number of years since we went to refuge, and I can’t count the hundreds of times which mine did or tried to do something similar.

Well done for talking to your daughter about this.

All I can say is, I have learned that with time, I believe – and with this on their conscience – they are in the long term the true losers and it wouldn’t surprise me if him being ‘happy’ were just bluff.
      Anyway.

If it is any comfort, no matter how hard things sometimes are – in the end you and your child have won. Simply because you followed your heart, you did the right thing and put their best interests first.

Any money or posessions in the world that he has can’t change that. When I had to leave my things behind my refuge worker said to me firmly:

“There is nothing there that you need”.
      At the time I didn’t understand what she was saying, but I do now, years on.

All the best and please know that we are all on here looking out for you and thinking of you.
      all best
      x

Ayanna
      Participant

He is not happy.
      He just wants to wind you up.
      An old abuser trick.
      The stolen goods will not bring him any luck anyway.
      Well done for your daughter blocking him after this.

Stay zero contact as good as you can.
      You are so brave!
      You do the right thing.
      Do not get discouraged.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content