• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by KIP..
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

I find anniversaries of particular events really difficult to deal with. This one is particularly painful. I am doing my best to keep busy, but still it remains at the forefront of my mind. It is tricky as I still don’t really know anyone where I live, so having to deal with it alone.

KIP.
      Participant

It’s perfectly normal for significant dates to trigger us and bring back memories. I can promise you it gets easier. Meantime just be kind to yourself. Accept the feelings and then imagine them in a ballon and let that balloon float away. There are lots of good new experiences and chances to make new wonderful memories coming. Onwards and upwards x

White Rose
      Participant

That’s a lovely tip KIP.
      It was the anniversary of our marriage a few weeks ago.
      I missed it! It didn’t even register I’d missed it until 2 days later when I wrote the date on some paperwork while in work. Made me a bit sad that I’d forgotten as it was such a lovely day with memories I’ll treasure forever. It’s just a shame it didn’t carry on that way.

Benson
      Participant

Thanks for this- KIP I really like your analogy, and I have decided that is exactly what I am going to do. My little child loves balloons, so we are going to go for nice walk and let off some balloons. Life is already improving so much, we are doing things we haven’t been able to do in years, and I am doing it whilst not having to look over our shoulders!

lover of no contact
      Participant

Benson,so pleased for you and your little one that you can start living life to the full. It is a real miracle. When I think of those long, horrible nights you had to go through just you and your little one on your own with him loitering about.

So glad you’re enjoying and relishing your freedom. I still smile to myself at times at the thought of being free from my abuser.

Benson
      Participant

It is a great feeling and we are having a great time, creating so many new memories. My little achieved something this weekend that she could never do before as we were unable to go outside, I am so proud of her. The anniversary has come and past and although it was in the back of my mind I spent the day creating new memories to mark the day with. Thank you all so much for your support.

However, as in usual style in my emotional roller coaster, (Detail removed by moderator) I have decided now it will be too risky to go back (Detail removed by moderator) as by now he will definitely know I have gone and will try and follow. So I want to do it by video link. I have no idea how to request this and as I have moved areas have no support worker from previous area. Previously they were the people who organised special measures. Any ideas where I go for help with this?

Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Your solicitor should be able to sort this for you x be very forceful with them. Do not take no for an answer. Keep enforcing the need for your safety and that you’ve already had to move.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content