Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterfly3
      Participant

Feeling upset. So about 4 days ago my husband asked when we were celebrating our anniversary. If we would do it on the Friday or Saturday night and because there has been so much going on it had genuinely slipped my mind. It’s not a wedding anniversary just one from when we met. I came clean and admitted it because I have no money to buy a gift or card like we usually would so asked if we could celebrate it next weekend and I apologised. He was obviously p****d off about it and told me not to bother getting him anything. I said not to be silly. Anyway today is the anniversary and I said happy anniversary. Put a post on social media which I know hes seen and hes not said or done anything. We would usually go out and I’d hoped he’d of arranged something but he hasn’t and no card even. He’s come home from work and sat down on his phone. Am I allowed to feel hurt? I know I’d forgotten but I would have made it up to him when I had money and he knows that. Just feel like he’s punishing me. I know if I say anything he will make it into me being the one in the wrong so I’ve come upstairs to sit in the bedroom and have a little cry as I don’t want him to know I’m hurt

KIP.
      Participant

It’s not about the anniversary. It’s just an excuse to hurt you. Abusers love to see us distressed. It makes them feel good. What you suggested was more than reasonable. If he can’t find something to make you feel bad about he will just make it up x are you in touch with women’s aid? Do you really want to spend the rest of your life in this relationship?

Butterfly3
      Participant

I’m in touch with a domestic abuse charity in my local area. I have a support worker but I’ve only spoken to her in the phone. I think you’re right it’s just so hard to accept that he would purposely hurt me although I have enough evidence to show he would. I ended up with a migraine as I was so upset last night. I am struggling to nor say how hurt I am but I know its what he wants so it won’t achieve anything

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content