Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Tiredone
      Participant

It’s been (detail removed by Moderator) since I left my ex and I’m struggling. I recently was told by the police that they’re not going to arrest him because I left it too long before reporting him. I’m so angry and feel let down. On the flip side, I feel am happier. Not happy or content but not in despair like I was.

I have been seeing a new guy for (detail removed by Moderator) and it’s going well. Maybe a bit too well. I’m waiting for him to flip. We’ve had a couple of disagreements (due to me being super sensitive because of things my ex did) and instead of raging and being cruel, he is gentle and calm and de-esculates things quickly. Is that normal? Is that how normal people argue? I’m questioning everything!

I am generally happier compared to this time last year but at the moment I am desperately sad. I’ve taken off two days from work because it’s too stressful to deal with my emotions and work stress. I’m being weird with the new guy at well which isn’t fair on him.

Have you ladies struggled around the anniversary of your break up? What was your first relationship like after you left your ex? Also, are friends and family still being supportive or are they asking why you aren’t over it?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Tiredone,

I’m glad to hear your current relationship is going well. Even a normal relationship breakdown can hurt for a while afterwards, an abusive one leads to a mix of emotions and trauma.

Best Wishes,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content