Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      new survivor
      Participant

Hello all,

I have not been on for a few weeks as they have been crazy with the end of year task list that needed to be done and have nearly got there.

I am feeling a mixed bag of emotions at the moment as (detail removed by Moderator) is my (detail removed by Moderator) the first one since ending my abusive marriage and have a mixed bag of emotions going through me. I am really upset but also angry with all the pain he has caused.

How do you get through?

How are you supposed to feel?

What do you do?

I have booked a session with my councillor but just do not know what to do.

I feel upset but also angry as he has created this situation and all the abuse hebput me through and the cheating.

I just want tomorrow to pass but have memories and keep hearing music which relates to the day. This makes me feel really sad and lonely.

I just do not know what to do or to feel.

X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, its part of the normal grieving process. You will get through this. It will get easier and you will be a better wiser stronger woman. Hang in there. Be kind to yourself x

Confused123
      Participant

HI hUn

The hurting is part of the process of us healing, if u need to cry just cry, i used to just sleep early or pamper myself to distract , counselling i found helps loads, this really will make u into a stronger person

Ayanna
      Participant

Anniversaries are difficult. The more anniversaries pass the easier it gets. When I hit the first anniversaries of all the events I was an entire mess. This year is better for the first time, still hard, but less devastating than the years before.
      Try to pamper yourself around the anniversary time. I usually work on these days. This way I have no opportunity to think about the events. When I go home they are already over and have passed.

TimelordTrouble
      Participant

It’s the anniversary of me leaving my abusive partner this week. Although I feel I’ll never be loved ever again and sometimes the loneliness feels awful, I am thankful for every day that I have my freedom and no fear of what’s around the corner. This too will pass.

teatime
      Participant

I am not a great example at the moment but remember life is like a river and all things change and pass in time. At the moment anything you feel is just fine.You are grieving, in pain and aching with heartbreak and sadness. Please be kind to yourself and have little treats every day.
      Your counsellor will help. I do hope it is a DV counsellor?
      Go well and bright blessings.
      TT x

new survivor
      Participant

Thank you ladies your responses have helped me out and it is tough to get through and to see the light at the end of the tunnel and that things will get better.

I am hoping that I will get stronger and will see how strong I have been to leave and stay out of it and not go back. It took a long time to leave but know that I did right. It hurts me so much to see him with another woman and to see how happy he is in the life he is leading whereas it is an effort every day for me to get up and carry out my everyday activities.We have limited contact and only speak when we have to.

I worry about what other people are saying but they do not understand what it is that is happening and what have been through. I wish there were people on here who were closer and could meet to chat as you all understand with being in relationshops where you have been abused and understand the good and the bad.

xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content