Participant

its(removed by moderator) today since I left

feel wracked with guilt about the pain I caused him, the family

always doing the wrong thing
      saying the wrong thing
      making the wrong decisions

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Mayflower, sorry to hear that you are feeling low today. Try and think of how far you’ve come. You are none of the things he told you you were. You’ve have achieved a lot by staying away from him. You made steps to protect yourself and your family. You should be proud.

Best wishes

Lisa

Forum Moderator

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Hello Mayflower, just sending you wishes for healing and calm for yourself. I know a lot of women struggle terribly at times of any kind of anniversary after getting out, and i think it feels like such a backward step sometimes, even tho, like Lisa has said, you have come so far forward.

These times of feeling shakey about it all feel like such set-backs, and you really have achieved so much. Fought so hard to hang on in there and stay out. You have your feelings to remind you that he was pain in your life before.

warmest wishes xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content