Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Toffeeapple
      Participant

Having a bad day with husband. Awake ill all night. This morning (detail removed by moderator) because I was hot with fever. He was angry,saying ‘(detail removed by moderator).’ I nearly rang my family because I was so upset. But I stopped myself because I didn’t want to upset them. We’ve had a lot of upset with my Dad passing away (detail removed by moderator). I asked him if he would buy me some tablets, he didn’t want to buy them but he did. Said he had (detail removed by moderator). I don’t think he can cope with me when I am ill or maybe he doesn’t care? Raising his voice but not shouting.Its not easy to ignore abuse when you’re ill. Depression not good. Can’t take antidepressants because of side effects. Thanks for listening. Take care.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Toffeeapple,

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough time. It is difficult enough being ill and having a disturbed night without him making it so much worse, I imagine his lack of empathy for you is really upsetting.

I hope you are feeling better today.

Take care and keep posting,
      Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content