Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Eve1
      Participant

Just had an overwhelming feeling of sadness. Not looking forward to Christmas day without Mum.

xx

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

You’ve suffered a lot of loss in a short space of time and Christmas always exacerbates grief. I don’t know what it is to know a mother’s love and care but I’m sure it must be so hard to lose that safe base of knowing you are loved. Remember that love in your heart, you can’t lose that ever. Sending hugs xx

Ayanna
      Participant

Hugs Eve1! Distraction helps the most.
      What about booking a meal in a pub on Christmas Day?

Eve1
      Participant

Oh PP, it brought tears to my eyes to read that. I’m so sorry you didn’t have that mothers love. You’re right its so hard to not have it. I admire your wisdom and caring.

Ayanna, thank you, I am with family but not my children till later in the day. I have a few days before Christmas potentially on my own, so I’m going to think of some distractions for then.

Grateful for your lovely hugs.

xx

mixed-up mum
      Participant

Hi Eve- – how you doing?

Are you on your own just now? Hope you are OK?

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you.

x*x

White Rose
      Participant

First is always the toughest. Don’t dwell on being sad but remember all the good things about her, talk about her, remember her.
      First Christmas after my dad died we went out with close family friends. they’d know dad for years we laughed at what he’d be saying about the lousy yourshire puds the pub served with lunch and how he’s have been tipsy on the wine and brandy. It’s a good memory not a sad one.
      It will be ok x*x

Eve1
      Participant

Hi mixed up mum,

I’m up and down as you’d expect. I’m not on my own just yet. It’s good to hear from you.

Thanks WR, yes, when I get to spend time with both of my children we will remember mum with laughter.

Hugs to you both
      xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content