Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Moonbeam
      Participant

Hi everyone,
      Sorry if I am being a nuisance and posting a lot. But I had another positive this week. I tackled my anxiety about having my first night out since the breakup and I actually had a good time. It was actually quite a relief not to come home to someone questioning every decision that I made and psycho-analysing my anxiety and every move. I felt normal.
      Yeah, I’ll probably still have his voice in my head questioning why I’m wearing “lesbian shoes” (my flat boots) or wearing shapeless clothing. But it’s the stuff I feel comfortable in and that voice can go f**k itself!

HunkyDory
      Participant

Well done you! Glad you had a good night and could relax into it. It’s a great feeling isn’t it! Be happy doing wearing and feeling what YOU want x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Oh please always post positive moments, they are as important if not more than the negative ones. Each step for us is such achievement, to overcome our anxiety demands tremendous effort so well done for going out. It must have felt really good, a relief to come home to peace and quiet, almost unusual I’m sure.
      I had to laugh about the lesbian shoes lol goodness! That’s right he can go f**** himself indeed. You’re deciding what to wear and no-one will ever tell you or make comments about what you should be wearing 💪👢 you go girl! 👍

Moonbeam
        Participant

Haha yeah the lesbian shoes one was ridiculous. If I wore my boots he’d ask me if I was a lesbian. Apparently I was having an affair with my female best mate who was in love with me (total b******s lol). She’s married to a man. He was so insecure it was ridiculous. Always projected onto me and made me anxious.

So glad he’s out my life.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content