Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

My sister agreed to texting him on my behalf. He asked her for my bank details so he can give me money for the kids. He said (removed by moderator).

I see he sent me (removed by moderator), (removed by moderator) for each child, we have (removed by moderator)! He said (removed by moderator). I have (removed by moderator) boys and a girl and (removed by moderator) are his double!

What do I do about this? I cannot cope with just (removed by moderator) quid for the kids.

fizzylem
      Participant

Call the child maintanance agency; they will get it for you; means he can’t control or cause financial abuse again, that you will never need to discuss money with him ever again – sends a hard message that you won’t tolerate his BS. There really is nothing he can do about it once you do.

KIP.
      Participant

I agree. Go straight to CM and he has given you a taste of things to come when there is any contact. Keep the text as evidence of his emotional abuse and controlling behaviour. He’s probably angry because you won’t speak to him. Stick to zero direct contact. You can already see how he will use contact. You want to be in a position where you need nothing from him. Check out what benefits are available to you as a single parent and main carer. Your local WA or citizens advice should be better placed to help you with this. Aim to be self sufficient and if you get any money out of him then that’s a bonus but you don’t want to be relying on him for anything x

Anonymous
      Inactive

My sister said see what happens if you say have a DNA test then. He said no so he is just being awkward. He keeps asking my sister to get me to talk to him. She says no.

She has shown me the texts. On his Facebook page he has put our wedding picture as his profile pic and he has never done that before. He is trying to get to me and it’s not working and it won’t ever.

I am looking for jobs in this area now and hopefully I will get one soon and I won’t be reliant on him for anything. He is trying to see the kids and I am determined he won’t get his hands on them.

MeOnScreen
      Participant

Hi mummygirz
      (detail removed by moderator). If he requests a DNA test then once it comes up that they are his children he will still owe you the money from the date you open the case with the CMG.

I would involve them for sure. You have can always have a Family Based Arrangement through the CMG which is literally that you the CMG tells you and him a how much he owes monthly and then you sort the rest out yourself. However if he doesn’t pay one month then you can call the CMG as backup!
      Call them ASAP as money is only backdated to the day you called them up.

Anonymous
      Inactive

He sent her another text tonight basically saying if he doesn’t get to see his children he won’t be paying another penny.

Reading posts on here this is a regular thing for abusers to do.

They don’t realise they are hurting their children

diymum@1
      Participant

Theses men are renound for not taking responsibility even for the kids XX it’s still all about them x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content