Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Strongenough
      Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’ve not posted on here for a while but I feel today I need to share a moment of courage and hope for anyone living in fear.

I have been out for a significant period of time but have avoided certain places this whole time incase I bump into the perp or his family, I’ve travelled miles out of town to do the simplest of tasks because I’ve been so scared. Today I don’t know what came over me, I didn’t plan it, but I went to a location near to the perps hometown (because it was convenient) to do some errands. I feel so strong.

I’m starting to realise the shame doesn’t lie with me it lies with him. If I should be faced with him or his family in a public place then they should be the ones to be embarrassed not me. Just because I’ve been a survivor of DA, doesn’t mean I need to hide away x

Auriel
      Participant

Well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 I’d been doing exactly the same for ages (going to other areas so I won’t see my abusers to have some kind of life and friendships they won’t be able to destroy (it’s been havoc on my chronic pain condition) but I’ve got an opportunity in my actual area for something and I might just bite the bullet and brave it, yes abusers do so many terrible cruel psychologically damaging/physically damaging/sexually damaging just down right evil and very very weird things to us it is very much on them they are dark and twisted we aren’t, it’s time to hold your head up (mine is now too) I like these kinds of posts gives hope and reminds everyone of the right way around and what belongs to who 🥂💗🥳

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

EXIT SITE

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content