Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      fruit
      Participant

Morning all, I have not been here for a while. I hope you all doing well. Firstly, I just want to say that I am grateful for this website and all of you as I am a survivor. I have split with my ex years ago and now my situation is settled and I am really happy about it. I live by myself, got the flat from council and finnaly my child has his own room. My life is free af abuse. I have recently worse period, despite all is ok. I think I have to much work and raising my child alone as well as I do not have time to just check out and do something for myself to make sure my mental health is looked after. I have anxiety disorder and GP has not given me counselling, I do not like when GP is ignoring you completely. I believe because Im not a hospital case or I do not take off form work and do not want to kill myself than I’m not priority and do not need help. I am on mediation, restarted recently. Anyone knows charities in (detail removed by Moderator) or ways to refer yourself for charity. Basically I cannot afford to pay for counselling. Thanks for advice, please reply

Indiamalachite
      Participant

Hi Fruit – sorry you’re not feeling good at the moment. I don’t know any charities that can help with counselling but maybe if you phone the helpline they could give you the name of the local DV service and they might have a therapy section. I was able to do counselling with my local service and they had different rates depending on your income so I paid £5 a session (I think they have a small charge as if its free people don’t always bother turning up). I had to wait months on the waiting list but it was so worth it and really helped me. I am on meds for anxiety still but the therapy was really helpful at thinking about the bigger issues. I know there are also apps you can get like Headspace that people say are good and my friend swears by mindfulness and meditation. There’s some therapy services on this website and some good advice: (link removed by Moderator)
      or also I find the Mind website helpful:(link removed by Moderator)
      Otherwise try your GP again, can you see someone else in the same surgery and explain your history? You’ve done really well to get away and get a home for you and your child. Well done and good luck, hope you can get some help xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content