Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      phantasmagorical
      Participant

Been feeling highly anxious the past few weeks, more so than usual. This has coincided with a particularly bad recurrence of eczema. My mum thinks it might be a stress reaction but I am not sure what I am stressed about.

Mixed emotions about him keep coming and going. I feel as though I can’t move past his manipulations and their effect on me, and the way it all ended. I feel afraid of the winter because (month removed by Moderator) is when it all fell apart and I can’t believe it is nearly a year since then.

I went to see the GP about my skin issues and to discuss my anxiety, but it was a locum doctor and the experience was frankly horrible. He was very abrupt and kept interrupting me to bark information at me about my medication dosage. I felt so stupid and emotionally unsafe and ended up crying. I was so close to walking out, and afterwards just felt really lost like I just need to deal with this anxiety and I cannot even express how I am feeling to a medical professional.

I am being a bit ranty and moody, but I sort of feel like I am tied up with grief even though these feelings are wasted on someone like my ex and the relationship we had.

anna
      Participant

sending a hug, its horrible when you try to tell someone how you feel and they dont seem to get it especially when its a health professional.
      Excema is so uncomfortable and itchy and sore and then everything feels even more horrible. I hope the cream works and also if it can be hidden under clothing so you dont feel self concious some soft bandages to help stop the air getting to it and the itching. Sometimes different foods can trigger it like milk if you have an allergy or things like dust mites. And your mum is probably right about the excema being caused by stress also that will flare it up.
      I am sorry you are having such a rough time thinking about your ex totally understandable to think about how horrible it was and to feel nervous or triggered around certain times of the year. As time passes it will get more liveable with but in the meantime be kind to yourself and do lots of kind loving things for yourself take care

SunshineRainflower
      Participant

I’m not surprised you are feeling low. Can you ring back the surgery and book in with your favourite GP? I too have had some very bad experiences with locums but also very good experiences with the doctors who know me, so I would give them another call and don’t let it stop you from getting the right treatement and support.

I also know what you mean about the winter, I think often the thought of it is worse than winter itself. I am sort of looking forward to reaching the anniversaries of certain events to get past them if that makes sense, like they are milestones we have reached and can feel proud of. Could you plan something nice for the time you are dreading? Something positive to mark the progress you have made. It could be a series of nice things done with friends or alone, to give you something to look forward to.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content