Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Aliceinwonderland
      Participant

He has been out of the country for a bit and I swear I have had moments of clarity and better mood at times. He is due to return and insomnia and anxiety at an all time high again. I really need to go no contact but it is tricky with kid handovers. Also he says he will only do drink and drug test if I sign financial terms (his). I am going to a solicitor first before I sign but I don’t agree (he wants a huge chunk of my pension as he hasn’t got one).
      I think I know it’s about to escalate again when he finds out I haven’t signed the agreement. I am worried he will use access to punish me.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there. Please dont sign anything until you have had legal advice. Hes still trying to manipulate the relationship. Handovers can be do the with a third party if you want plus try and just have one or two ways only in which he can get in touch . Email would be best as you dont have to hear his voice plus its a paper trail if ever needed. The facts are he’s still doing drugs and drinking. I’ll do this if you do that. Yes (normal) relationships afford compromises but what hes demanding is jyst ridiculous. If you earn more than him you may have to give him some of your pension.( Laws are different in different parts of uk anyway.) Then again you may not. If you have to and i know it sticks in your craw, think of it as just a price to pay to get rid of him. But without legal advice id hold your cards close to your chest, tell him nothing regarding your financials
      Goodxluck and look forward to the time you can go on wirth your life without him
      IWMB 💕💕

Ps my ex fooled csa in getting out of paying maintenance by saying his job only paid enough to cover mortgage costs and living. And he wasnt an abusive man just p…ed of cos i choose to leave him.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content