Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Good samaritan
      Participant

Hi everyone

I have lived in the same town all my life and my ex only moved over here from elsewhere in the UK when he met me.

Since we split and it became apartment that he was not only abusive in every aspect but also a pathological liar who makes false allegations about me my panic attacks have gotten more and more frequent. Even doing things I’ve been doing for decades prior to meeting him such as going for food at my regular places or walking my dog at its favourite spot. I feel so awkward now I have a harassment warning because I have no idea what lengths my ex will go to. I’m beginning to panic if he pictures me at places we used to go to together or driving past his works because it is on the route I go to take my dog places and visit family and friends. I don’t know what to do or how to appeal against the warning in case he uses it to get me arrested or a criminal record. He is a very convincing and conniving liar and it has really made me fearful.

KIP.
      Participant

My ex tried to have me arrested. You are right that they are liars but they must have substance for their lies to go far. That’s why zero contact is so important. It’s normal that your anxiety level will be raised. But while you have zero contact there is nothing he can use against you. Some counselling and relaxation exercises helped me.

Good samaritan
      Participant

It’s horrible it’s silly little normal things that set them off and the fact that the police have facilitated him more by issuing that without even taking a look at all the evidence on my phone. Even if he did something wrong to Mr now I would be hesitant in reporting him in case they saw it as me harassing him. It’s a horrible isolation I’m not coping with at all well

Good samaritan
      Participant

*me not mr

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content