Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hokeycokey
      Participant

Hi everyone

I’m so angry today, i’ve been to the doctors and have had to get meds for my anxiety. I’ve had pain in my solar plexus for 2 solid weeks. I feel as though I’ve been punched and can’t get it to settle. I cannot believe I’m in this situation due to abuse…..being medicated because of how my abuser is affecting me on a daily basis..It seems so crazy.

I’m getting the silent treatment today. Last week it was threats to me and my family and name calling.

On a positive note I’ve contacted a counsellor and have my first session next week so hopefully my journey to find the strength to leave the relationship has begun.

KIP.
      Participant

I really feel for you. What you’re treating is the symptoms, not the cause. For decades I was pumped full of medication. I tried to solve a problem that was never mine. I had no knowledge of domestic abuse. If you google psychosomatic and ask your counsellor about the long term damage to your health, mental and physical because of abuse. Things like fibromyalgia, IBS, headaches, thyroid, heart, immune system etc are all affected by the stress that comes with abuse. I had a doctors file inches thick when I was with him, after the initial stress of his arrest, I’ve been once to the docs since I left and that was for a regular blood test. All fine. It’s not just your physical health. Your head space and rational thinking are all affected. Women’s aid helped me stay strong and get him out. You need help from different areas. Friends and family. Women’s aid. Perhaps the police and courts or civil law. Keep a journal of all the incidents. You can read it back when you doubt the abuse. My ex also tried to use the fact I had a mental illness against me. In fact it was mental injuries caused by his abuse.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Hokeycokey, the fact that you’re even mentioning having the strength to start your journey is a really positive step. It’s great that you’re considering that there might be another road for you than the one you’re currently on. It’s always best to have options in all aspects of your life. Hopefully your counsellor will be able to help you clarify your thoughts so that you can work out what’s in your head and in your heart. It’s a very wise move. xx

Hokeycokey
      Participant

Thanks everyone for responding. Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content