Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      littlemixedup
      Participant

Ok so understandably my boyfriend wants us to go on holiday but this time with his (removed by moderator) daughter. I hate to say it but this sends me in a complete spin. Her and I are ok together but the thought of spending a week away with another persons child I find awkward. I don’t want someone else being in control of what I’m doing, how I spend my time what I say how I etc etc etc. I feel really bad for thinking like this but I can’t see me ever being allowed to enjoy life as I truly want it. The right thing would be just go grin and bear it but I feel I’m letting myself down for giving in to someone again. It’s such a battle with my thoughts.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

I personally find it difficult for guys to accept my kids even thouyh they have offered, i m just so protective over them, but at same time i cant go into a relationship with a guy who has kids as i only want to be a mother to my kids, i dont know if thats bad of me , i always try to think the kids never did anything wrong when the parents split and we should accept other kids , again this is something we need to bare in mind when we enter relationships that if they have kids we have to accept them as they are part of our partners life. Not sure how deep into the relationship you are but maybe this is something you need to consider. I know whoever has relationship with me has to accept my kids too

littlemixedup
      Participant

Hi, thank you for your honesty. I think it’s difficult to accept her as part of ‘us’, maybe I am in denial. My head says I’ve decided to be with them so stand by that and my heart says I want to have someone all to myself and be treated like I’m the only one. Aaargh my head switches so quickly with this ongoing tussle. I want to enjoy the three of us together but i can’t seem to open up n let it happen.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content