Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Teddycng
      Participant

Hi ,
      Am I alone in being anxious about mediation. He’s gone through the cycle again of blaming me for everything negative, then playing perfect father , then shouting down the phone. He’s such a good manipulator that he’s gets anything he wants. He plays the whole I am a professional and flutters his eyes then glares down the phone with the haha face.

I’m scared I’m going to loose time with my son.
      I dared to leave as I didn’t want to have to live my life exactly by his instructions .
      I want to be free

KIP.
      Participant

Contact womens aid. Your local branch should be able to support you. Keep a detailed journal of his behaviour. Womens aid do not recommend mediation with an abuser. Talk to a solicitor because you may be able to avoid this if there has been abuse. He’s going to do the same again and manipulate the situation.

iliketea
      Participant

You don’t have to do mediation. My solicitor refused it on the grounds of domestic abuse. The court also recognises this. If its the second time I’d say definitely don’t do, and say why. As KIP says, keep a record of everything, and use that and previous as reasons why. Stay strong.

Hazlenut
      Participant

I totally agree that you should not have to face mediation. I absolutely could not face mediation with my ex.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content