Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Just wondering has anyone else experienced the same or similar?

As you’ll know from my previous posts I left my husband and definitely do not regret my decision more so after recent events. He has been very awkward (aren’t they all) messaging my solicitor with random rubbish – she has been very good at keeping me updated and hasn’t forwarded his messages as she doesn’t want to cause me unnecessary stress or anxiety. He has now turned his behaviour onto a family member for no reason at all, apart from blaming this family member for me making the decision to leave him and not give him his ‘second’ chance – the way he is treating this member reminds me how he would be with me and others and it is infuriating me that he is doing this to them.

We have been to the police for other things he is doing, but because what he is doing to this family member is usually While their on their own so his word against theirs if anything was reported – any advise of how best to handle this, we have done the main thing which is not giving a reaction to his behaviour.

I also found out through a neighbour he was at our house while I was out taking pictures from the outside (he’s not allowed in and can’t even if he tried) and shouting at the neighbours that were in their garden saying the house will be sold soon and ranting. The neighbours know what he is like and to be honest can’t be doing with him. What annoys me more about that is he’s been at the house when he knew I was out and if the neighbour hadn’t said I would have been none the wiser, I know worry about what he’s doing when I’m not in or in fact when I am in the house, I have been thinking about getting a camera with the law I would only be able to have the camera to the garden where I would need it to view slightly further just where the house is positioned. Has anyone put up cameras or any devices they could recommend?

Was doing so well with things but feel like I’ve taken three steps forward and now put back two 🙁

Beautifulday
      Participant

Hi with regards to cameras I’m sure you are within your right to put them wherever on your property as long as you go about it correctly and have cctv signs put up. A female family member of mine who left her husband had hers done through a good company they put them front and back and the front camera faces in a way you can see the whole street, its linked up to a TV on which you can see the videos constantly, she also had a panic button. I think the camera company was recommend by police. As long as you display clearly cctv signs you are within your right to place them wherever on your property.

Eggshells
      Participant

I’ll ask a relative and get back to you. I might have to pm you as giving details might identify me to ex.

Scottish Thistle
      Participant

Thanks For your responses.

Lottieblue – we have been to the police about other matters of what he is doing to the family member (detail removed by moderator). The police I have spoken to on several occasions have been great, however each time the police have a word with him as a warning (this is the (detail removed by moderator) time) he retaliates by causing havoc with my solicitor telling lies about things which always back fires on him if he doesn’t like the response from the solicitor he then causes havoc and stress amongst family members both his side and mine, to the point he has now been blocked by the main ones he is causing trouble with. As I didn’t actually see him at the house the neighbour would need to get involved and I really don’t want that as he will then start up a carry on with them again. Until they had said I never thought of him coming up to the house, so for me to report I want to catch him at it and have the proof myself so no need to involve anyone else and cause any unnecessary hassle for others.

Eggshells – if you do find anything that would be great if you pm’d me.

So far for the things he’s doing I have been keeping a log written down of, dates/times and what he has been doing. He is still playing the poor victim and is saying he is so happy in his new relationship but still causing me grief.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Scottishthistle. If I haven’t got back to you by the end of tomorrow please give me a nudge. I’ve texted the family member and we’re going to discuss it over the phone tomorrow.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content