Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I want to start my healing process properly. Part of it might be to finish the relationship that I’m in as it’s definitely not helping.
      Aside from that any like healing your inner child or healing after control. I had nearly (detail removed by Moderator) decades of it.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

I am with you on this Ariel…. any books or podcasts recommended for healing after an abusive relationship…. I am also decades married so there’s a lot of work for me to do. My new relationship has started to change, rather I am looking for any abuse, it’s like I am on alert for it and I don’t trust my own judgement yet. Something said to me (detail removed by Moderator) has raised a red flag, I don’t want it to but it is a red flag… the person I am now with asked me to let them know when I go out as we are on the phone on and off most days they asked me to let them know if I go out with a friend I do not know if I am being secretive as I don’t want to ask permission ever again to go out, or is it normal to just let your partner know you are going out? I really don’t know at the moment.

Ariel
      Participant

I would say that it’s normal to say when your going out and when you’re back. Not to the shops or something but if you’re going out in the evening I would say so. Just going by family and friends relationships really x

iliketea
      Participant

I bumped a thread in the General discussion section. There was another really long thread started in 2020 but I cant find it. I’ll keep looking. xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content