Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      iliketea
      Participant

Hi, hope everyone had a good Christmas? I’ve had this flu lurgy that’s going around for two weeks now. It came and went, and then came back again. Got my kids returning soon and I’m not sure how I’m going to cope. Just feel like rubbish, hacking cough, fever and sweats at night, can’t sleep, cant eat, hungry but cant face food, lethargy, headache, just urgh… Any ideas of how long it goes on for? Need some hope to get through, its really getting me down now. Not the holidays I was expecting. On the bright side Im glad Im not with my ex still, he was a nightmare when I was ill. So, every cloud has a silver lining I guess.
      Happy New Year all. Wishing you all a healthy one.
      x

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Hi Iliketea, it sounds like you have it really bad, I am sorry to hear that. . My daughter has had it for a week .. it came, went then sort of returned with a vengeance… I wish you well soon ❤️
      I am also out, it was so peaceful as no husband to ruin it xx

Twix
      Participant

Sorry to hear you’re feeling unwell, I’ve had it since (detail removed by Moderator) & it’s only just lifting now. Night nurse has been great for the chills & night sweats. Don’t think there’s much we can do except rest as much as possible & know that better days are coming xx

gettingtired
      Participant

Sorry to hear you’re feeling so under the weather. So may people I know have been ill lately. A friend of mine had some kind of flu virus and then a week or so later was ill again with something similar all over the Christmas period. It really does seem to be doing the rounds. As you said, thank goodness you’re no longer with your ex. As far as I can see they can’t bare to give out any sympathy to others (as they must always be the victim) and of course whilst their victims are ill in bed they are of no use to wait on them like a servant. I remember my ex making me feel really selfish once when I had to spend the day in bed, of course that just made me feel worse. Even when he brought food for me in bed he managed to make me feel guilty about it. Of course when he was ill I was accused of being so uncaring and selfish towards him 🙄
      Hope you’re feeling better very soon x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

sorry to hear you are poorly iliketea. Its rotten when it gets you down like this, and I think that is part of being physically ill is to get down in your mood too. We were wiped out with covid throughout Christmas last year, and I can remember having to do Christmas/dinner through flu one year with the x, even when I couldn’t face eating any of it and thought I would collapse. At least when we got covid we could just work around it as we wanted/were able to.

get well soon, and keep supporting yourself all you can, and welcoming any supports others can bring.

warmest wishes

ts

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi hon

Sorry to hear you are feeling so rough. Got a touch of it myself atm.

When the kids come back, stick them infront of the TV, snuggle down on the sofa as much as possible and ask them to help you where they can. You might find that they enjoy looking after Mum!

You just have to get as much rest as possible.

Cedarlemon
      Participant

Hi
      I’m so sorry that your feeling so ill. I work in this field so I know at the moment it is prevalent. As some of the other ladies have said it’s really bad when you get it then it reappears about 1-2 weeks later. Try and get plenty of rest, lots of fluid and light meals, home made chicken soup is very good 👍
      At least you haven’t got your ex making you feel ten times worse, mine used to get annoyed when I was unwell so the attention wasn’t on him – crazy aye . I wish you better soon X

iliketea
      Participant

Thank you everyone. Still got it. Urgh. Getting me down and depressed now, spent the whole day breaking down and crying and moping about “why me” about my carcrash life.

Twisted Sister
        Participant

so sorry you are still feeling so rough. Thinking of you and wishing you a speedy recovery. Rest, rest and more rest, plenty of fluids, keep warm and get all the help you can to look after you.

Its rotten and miserable and hopefully you’ll start to feel on the mend very soon.

warmest wishes

ts

StrongLife
      Participant

I had something for 4 weeks. Dreadful illness. I hope you all can get through this soon.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content