Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MeOnScreen
      Participant

Happy Monday in January everyone (is it possible to have a happy Monday in January?!)

So I am post emotional and physical abusive relationship. He’s with someone else now, as am I. And I really lucked out with my new guy, he’s is fab.

I have my good days and bad days regarding my past relationship, as I’m sure most do. What mostly bothers me is that I always suspect the worst and I can’t help but think that my ex is in this great new relationship and happy and treating his new girlfriend wonderfully, when he couldn’t treat me that way.

Anyway this led me to think, does anyone ever wonder what made them emotional abusive? Are some people just born that way? He was so awful to me, and I think to myself how can someone be so dreadful to not even feel guilty to treat someone like that?

Wondering what y’all thoughts are, whether they are born like this or something makes them this way!

Escapee
      Participant

I suspect mine is a mixture of both. There seems to be a common thread running through his family and I know he coped with a lot growing up too.

However, this does not excuse their behaviour as if they can choose who to behave this way to then they also have control over it. Therefore it is their choice to behave this way!

I don’t doubt that your Dr ex will be treating his new partner exactly the same as he did you. Remember, they are cowards and only show themselves in private so you will only see the good stuff.

It’s so lovely to hear that you have been brave and are in a new relationship and that he is fab. 😊

Xx

Headcook
      Participant

My abuser is my son

Years of persecution

I made him this way

So good to hear you are happy and safe

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content