Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Bananaboat
      Participant

Because all life wants to give me in the last few years is lemons! So I might as well make lemonade.

Watching my kids suffer whilst the new supply flaunts how amazing he is. Rebuilding my life despite being left with ridiculous debts thanks to him, working full time, zero support from ex or my own family, zero maintenance. Living pay cheque to pay cheque, taking one day at a time, recovering & balancing it all, he’s even bought the blooming pet I wanted but he’d said was ridiculous and only idiots bought,then boom, life saw I was doing ok and thought it was time for another dose of lemons. Redundancy.

Whoop merry Christmas! Maybe I’ll make a lemon pie too 😂

swanlake
      Participant

That’s a huge amount of lemons to be dealing with all at once. I’m so sorry that you’re going through this.

Bananaboat
        Participant

Thanks, that’s only half of it. Got to laugh haven’t you x

nbumblebee
      Participant

When life gives you lemons use them to throw at those you dont like. I know i nobody to give advise the mess im making of my life but its true throw them lemons as hard as you can.
      Stand tall stand proud you are amazing and have done so well its sad you have to keep fighting but keep fighting you must.
      I am and i know others are routing for you.
      Hugs xxxxx

Bananaboat
        Participant

Haha I wish! I’d probably end up the one in prison for assault. But thank you, it’s rough seas right now but we plough on. Hope you’re ok xx

nbumblebee
        Participant

You got this sweetie you really have. X

Polardog
      Participant

All the stuff he is doing to try and make you seem like you’re not doing well..won’t sit in the minds of your children as they grow up as a positive thing. I know it doesn’t feel it right now, but I can guarantee as they get older they will sit you down and tell you just how much they appreciated everything you did and how much they learned from the amazing example you are setting them.

Be kind to yourself. And if you need something to do with the lemons, I say juice them and find a water pistol x

Bananaboat
        Participant

Thank you that’s a lovely idea and I hope my kids do that, I worry I just look stressed all the time xx

Polardog
        Participant

You’re not going to look stressed forever. Just remember that. Children are way more intuitive than we realise and go through these experiences with far more grace too. One day at a time. But always remember you took steps that took courage and bravery and that is a huge thing to do x

tiredofitall
      Participant

Hi – I just wanted to say hang in there. I know it feels unfair sometimes, you’ve suffered through all the c**p and he ends up smelling like roses. I feel that too. But, you know you are doing your best and setting the best example to your children. Even if they don’t know it yet, they will when they get older.
      Sending you positive thoughts and hoping the universe gives you a break xx

Bananaboat
        Participant

Thank you, you too ❤️

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content