Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Same-again
      Participant

I’ve come to this conclusion due to a LOT of things that didn’t add up. I can’t really detail them here though but I REALLY do think he has had cameras in my house for a long time. They may still be here as he had access.

It feels like phycological torture, I honestly feel like ringing the mental health crisis team. I feel like I can’t breath. Jesus, I take a beating over this any day. This is beyond what I can endure.

It’s the not knowing but being certain it is the case. A bug sweep is £500 plus vat and even though I’m flat broke I am considering it – problem is the house is like a bomb site. I am struggling to do anything – and there’s loads I should be doing.

Has anyone had any experience of this? Did you report it to the police? Were they able to do anything?

Thing is he forced his way in the house last time and so could have removed the cameras/listening devices so I could spend money I don’t have (credit car debt) and still not know for sure.

Argh – feel like my head is going to explode! Round and round my mind goes, going over and over weird things that didn’t make sense at the time but would now if I am right. My friend said ‘you’re just paranoid’.

He was a big gaslighter btw so my head is done in anyway.

ISOPeace
      Participant

Hi there, I haven’t experienced this but I wanted to say that you’re not just paranoid. Even if you’re wrong this time, your fears are totally understandable.

It sounds like you’re experiencing a lot of anxiety, which I know can be very consuming. I’m sure your friend means well but anxiety doesn’t usually go away just by someone telling you you’re worrying over nothing. Anxiety is usually not about the thing that we feel anxious about. It’s usually about a deeper fear, but our brain chooses to focus on something that seems more controllable. That’s why when you think you’ve sorted what you’re anxious about, something new comes up. Whatever you choose to do about this situation, I would recommend looking into CBT and maybe medication (just to take the edge off and allow to you focus on the CBT, as medication alone is just a sticking plaster). Sending love xxxx

Same-again
      Participant

OMG, just logged on and this post came up. How strange. I think mine has been watching me since 2020. My mind has almost lost it at stages..
      I tried to tell the police – they referred me (without my knowledge) to a phyc eval. I then started my own private hell. Sorry if this isn’t a great reply, I feel your pain. I still live it. There is no safe place.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content