Bruisedbutbrave
      Participant

Hi

I have been victim of donestic abuse
      I have used all my saving
      Spent £10000 till first hearing
      Instead of non molestation order I only got cross undertakings
      Despite been victim ,finding justice system ridiculous
      I am professional and have a well paid job but I have been left with so much financial loss and debt that I have no savings left to pay a solicitor so I am defending myself and presenting myself in court

(Court detail removed by moderator). 

I applied to Pro Bono for help as I continue to go through the trauma of court hearings.
      I loss my confidence and go into shell

Anyone has experience of Pro Bono then please share
      I need some hope and support
      Thanks

KIP.
      Participant

Have you tried to ring Rights of Women for free legal advice or looked at McKenzie friends for support. Your local women’s aid should be able to offer support and organisations locally that can assist. I too found the courts ignored his lies and perjury. It’s shocking that there seems to be no penalty for their lying behaviour. All you can do is discredit his character by proving his lies but I think the court sees so many liars they just minimise it? Maybe you could point this out?

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I am so sorry to hear you are fighting this hardest of battles alone.

I feel sure that Rights of Women and women’s aid will have really good advice and support for you.

Yes, there is a lot ignoring and minimising by the courts.

Put it all in writing to them. Its a very hard fight,keep fighting, and posting here to help keep you strong through this.

I hope you get all the answers you need.

Warmest wishes

TS

mojo
      Participant

Hello Bruisedbutbrave

I have an issue with legal costs going forwards. Like you I would lose what little I have. I would have to use what little money I have in my house and a small ISA as I don’t qualify for legal aid. This would leave me in an area with few jobs trying to raise a child with no security and possibly legal bills to repay. Not a good prospect.

I Spoke to my Relate counsellor a couple of days ago about this and was given details for a new scheme called FLOWS. It is aimed as those of us who can’t get legal aid.

Email Flows@rcjadvice.org.uk

They may be able to help. I’ve made contact but yet to brief them to see what they can advise or do for me.

I really hope they can help you.

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Royal Court of Justice provide this free national advice bureau.

How awesome!

Its rights of women in partnership with rcj!

How refreshing to hear of something so amazing.

Good luck with your enquiry!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content