Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Raisin
      Participant

Anyone know of emotional abuse, nothing physical, just verbal?

tiredanddrained
      Participant

Oh yes I know this and have lived it for years. Constant jealousy, accusations of looking at other men if we went for a meal. Accusations of cheating with workmates if i dare go on a works night out. I just avoid works nights out now for an easy life. Verbal abuse could happen at any morning when he woke up before having his weed. Or night or day. If i took to long at the food shop i was a (detail removed by Moderator). The yelling fits of rage and swearing at any unpredictable time calling me a (detail removed by Moderator) or a million other vile insults. Then the apology of how he didn’t mean it. The tears. Please don’t think of him differently. The promises of how he will not ever yell at me ever again or call me any names just to be let down n him shout and scream. He shouts (detail removed by Moderator) n gets louder when i beg him to stop. I thought i was maybe being silly as he kept minimizing it saying all couples argue. Eventually i found out through Claires Law (detail removed by Moderator). I thought i was overeacting. He gaslights and actully completely denies the abuse to any previous partner. Yet he still has a nice side. It is so hard how someone can be so evil 1 minute and so lovely the next. – What kind of emotional abuse have you been subjected to. I hope you are ok. X*x

Bananaboat
      Participant

Hello and welcome, I saw your other post saying you’re new. Sorry you find yourself here but it’s a lovely supportive group of people.

Emotional abuse? Oh boy do I. You’ll read tons of examples of it on here, name calling, told you’re useless/no one likes you, belittling, not allowing you to relax or do what you want to do, making you do things at their speed, ruining special occasions, underhand compliments to spoil your confidence, chores never being done well enough, the list is endless. You’ll get some great tips on here, I always recommend Lundy Bancroft’s book’why does he do that’ as it really opened my eyes to their spectrum of abuse xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi there I experienced all of the above , mine was all emotional abuse , controlling, financial also , daily I got this and unfortunately it does escalate to violence , it may start off here & there with name calling etc , but in my experience with my ex in the end it heads towards angry violent outbursts also xx

Bananaboat
        Participant

Agreed, I never thought it would but when all their other control methods stop working the physical violence begins. It might start as being ‘in your face’ or slamming doors, or breaking things, but it’ll escalate to pushing, then hitting x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content