Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Sadandconfused
      Participant

I was wondering about this. It would be an end to all the grief and hassle obviously. The kids have no contact but presumably you could get in trouble for going without his permission?

Ayanna
      Participant

I have no kids and I seriously considered it. I would have been safe and they could have done nothing.
      But with kids it is different. Women do this and it is always a huge issue.
      If you flee to a European country they might take you back if he informs the police.
      (Detail removed by Moderator)
      The problem is how will you survive in that country with your kids, unless you have family there. If you are a citizen of another country, that country would probably defend you and point out the lack of support that you received in this country. And you will be able to stay there as well, find work and continue your life.
      I also know of a case where a woman emigrated to Australia from a European country for the reasons of working there. She took the kids with her and the father never saw them again.

kestral
      Participant

I didn’t leave the country but I did remove myself and my children to what I hoped might be a ‘safe’ place. It wasn’t in that the family member I moved to be closer to for support didn’t support me she supported the man I was escaping from. All I would say is that if you do choose to go you make sure that where you’re going is somewhere you do feel safe and will find support. You might also need to make certain you get help for you because not having that can cause problems later. Please see my topic on ‘depression in older children as a result of abuse’. Best of luck.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content