Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Starmoon
      Participant

I was always bought up to believe my opinion mattered… That women are equal- actually my mum was always the one who appeared to make decisions especially where me and my brother were concerned… But now I feel this was a false impression and my expectations of how to be treated by men are far too high. The situation with my dad the other day makes me think he has no respect for me… So perhaps the fact that I argue back and expect men to treat me as an equal is where I was going wrong. We are all on here as abused women and whilst I agree that physical violence is wrong… All the menal abuse… Is it just the norm for women who stick up for them self

Ayanna
      Participant

Yes, you are right. And women abuse too when they are in more powerful positions than us and we speak up. We are constantly being abused in the one or other way.
      Work is a huge place of abuse and we endure it daily in order to pay our bills.
      For this reason I refuse to have any man in my private life. I have and had enough abuse already as it is.

Starmoon
      Participant

I feel like maybe deep down I had this idea that men and women were equal and even though I really wanted to make him happy and give him all he wanted… This voice inside my head always made me fight back instead of accept things the way they were. And that’s why I’m alone. The more I look at the men in my life, the more I recognize they are all like this… Including my friends but I’m one removed from them so it doesn’t effect me directly. It’s only not the 1950s because some of us women have been bought up believing it’s not. But most of the men in the world still want it to be

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content