Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Benson
      Participant

Hi Ladies

I haven’t been on here for a while, but just need somewhere to rant- I have probably not used the best title. Still enjoying our new life!

However recently strange things having been happening, including threatening voicemails etc They seem to be directed at my young child which is most concerning. Soon will be an event in our lives which, I feel will heighten the risk. So I rang a support line for a bit of advice. They agreed that we could be high risk and offered continuous support. They would like me to go to police so that they can also help me keep safe, however I do not want to at this present time. Since telling them this and explaining why, they have withdrew their support – I can’t believe it, are we just statistics to these support lines in orde for them to reach their targets? These are people who are trained to support and help us when we need. I totally wash my hands with it all.

KIP.
      Participant

Sadly it really depends on who you speak to. It’s a bit of a lottery. You should be supported in all your decisions until you feel able to act. Can you change your phone number meantime and only give it to selected people. Might take the edge off the anxiety. You know the security drill. Keep your phone fully changed and with you at all times. Certain dates do trigger us but I found it gets easier with time. I’ve had many significant dates and I haven’t given them a second thought so time is a good healer x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content