Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Hazydayz
      Participant

Welcome! Your not alone anymore 💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Hazydayz

Thank you so much for this post. I would also like to say welcome to all new survivors on the forum, and I hope it encourages them to post knowing that there are very supportive women like yourself here.

Take care

Lisa

Hazydayz
        Participant

Bless you Lisa 💞

HopeLoveHappiness
      Participant

Hi Hazydayz💕,

Thank you, your not alone either. Im here if you ever need a talk💗

Hazydayz
        Participant

Thankyou💐 that’s so kind of you 💗 your welcome anytime too x

Bonnie
      Participant

I’m new on here and just feel at the end of my tether and so alone and dont know how
      things ended up like this. My husband is verbally and emotionally abusive, i’m constantly called names, told by him eveything is my fault, the problems he has are my fault, i dont suppourt him, that the marriage usnt working etc. I’ve asked him to go, he never does and i’m just stuck in a awful situation. I dont want to be with him but cant carry on like this, we have a mirtgage on the house and i would rather he leaves, i’m constantly on egg shells with him and just cant see a way out

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hello Bonnie, welcome to this sanctuary for the suffering. We all understand and a lot of us feel just like you in our own lives. Me too! I know exactly the situation you describe. Keep posting here, you will find the Support your looking for. Lisa has suggested you create a new topic post to attract more replies that will give you a lot more Support hopefully. I do so empathize with you, a lot of us here will! Don’t worry, you can make the changes to free yourself in time. Talk with you again, Keep safe x

Literaldust
      Participant

I don’t know how this works I’m rubbish at technology but I’m new xx

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hi Literaldust. Your doing ok! You got your message out here. Lisa suggestions to post a new topic here on the forum is going to give you some practice using this forum, and get you noticed! You just have to press New topics on front page, the yellow one, go to bottom and press create new topic. Then give it a heading to give clues to what your saying. Then press send after. You should get replies hopefully? There’s a lot of people coming through now! Sometimes it takes a while…but someone should come along. If they don’t? Just post another to get noticed because they slip down and off the page quickly appearing on previous pages. Page numbers Found at bottom of New topics. Good luck x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hello Bonnie and Literaldust,

I am sorry to hear about your situations, we are all here for you. If you want to, you can post a new topic so that other members will see your posts and will be able to reply to you and offer support.

Please have a read of our forum FAQ’s here which explains how to make a new topic https://survivorsforum.womensaid.org.uk/about-your-profile/survivors-forum-faqs/

Take care and please keep posting,

Lisa

Lifebegins
      Participant

Hi @Bonnie

A good place to start is here. You’ve found the forum and are sharing and posting which is a massive step. Welcome 🙏

Next step for me was reading loads of posts on here and reading books such as Lundy Bancroft’s Why Does He Do That and Pat Craven’s Living with the Dominator. As I mentioned on an earlier post, these were real eye openers for me. Then I contacted Women’s Aid. They gave me loads of good advice and I saw a solicitor they recommended who dealt with domestic abuse. A lot of these solicitors will give you a free 30 mins so you can use that to get your most pressing questions answered.

And of course, utilise the wealth of knowledge and experience that the women on this forum can offer. There is a way out for you. You just need some help to find it x*x

BurntOut
      Participant

Hi, im new this is my first post but ive been lurking for a week, and it has really opened my eyes to what is happening to me. X

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi BurntOut,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum! Well done for reaching out, when you are ready to share more there will be support here for you.

Best wishes,

Lisa

hop
      Participant

Hi to the newbies
      We were all new once wondering if it was abuse and sadly finding out it was. The ladies here help so much and it’s comforting in a sad way that we’re not alone. If you need to ask if you were abused then by the answer is yes because people in well adjusted, not maladaptive,relationships never question their happiness in that way. You’ve come to the right place and no matter how long it takes you to open up when you do we’ll be here side by side all together 💙

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content